Saturday, 9 June 2012

Downtown Stroll







Some random shots from the same day that I visited Khao San Road:
1. Mural
2-3. Parking lot graffiti
4. Potentially the best bicycle bell ever; all it needs now is to be paired up with Juno's hamburger phone.
5. The snack section of the bookstore - that toffee brittle bar looks enticing, doesn't it?
6. Toronto's St. Andrew's Church (Credit goes out to my friend S for taking this shot.)
7. Evening stroll: I love how the two of them are walking in sync. (And of course, I also adore her sweet boho dress.  I actually asked for a streetstyle shot from S here and I got more of the background than the outfits. -_-)

4 comments:

  1. What camera are you using? I want to start my own blog what do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,
      I'm using a Nikon D40 which was purchased several years ago. Many new models have come out since then so I personally wouldn't recommend the D40 if you're currently looking to buy a digital SLR.

      I'm hardly a blogging expert but I would say work with the camera that you have currently - especially if you're just getting into blogging. You want to be sure that you're committed to your blog and have a real interest in photography before investing into camera equipment. It also depends on what kind of blog you want to have and whether it will be more text-based content or image-based.

      So, I'd say jump right into blogging and have fun with it. Don't worry about the camera for now. I'm a firm believer that the best camera is the one you actually have with you anyways. A point-and-shoot camera or even a cellphone camera is usually much more convenient than lugging around a bulky SLR.

      I hope that helps and I'd love to see your blog once you get it running.

      Delete
  2. I'm planning on visiting Toronto for the summer. What places do you suggest I visit as I would love to get some great shots too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      I'm not sure what kind of photography you're into (landscape, urban architecture, street, etc.) but I think if you explore the downtown core in general, there are a lot of different and great photo opportunities.

      I'm sure you're looking for specifics instead though and the first places that come to mind are Kensington Market/Chinatown, Distillery District and High Park.

      Delete